Protecting Employers Since 1985
Upcoming Seminars and Events with Experienced Employment Law Attorneys
- Vaccinations in the workplace – mandated/refused.
- Remote work – temporary/permanent.
- Leaves of Absence/refusal to work/accommodations.
- Workforce expansion/contraction in uncertain times – layoff/recall/required notices/best practices.
- Latest updates on government issued safety and other COVID pandemic regulations and guidelines.
When: Thursday, April 29, 2021, 2-3 pm
Probably the most fear-filled question that clients ask our law firm is: “How can I fire a high-risk employee without endangering our company?!” This is the teleseminar which will answer that question with “easy to grasp” advice. We will discuss how offering severance to an employee in exchange for the employee signing a release of claims is an effective way to help avoid potential litigation. Practical tips will be provided-– no LEGALESE allowed!
We will cover:
- How severance agreements can help protect your company.
- What must be in severance agreements under the NEW ILLINOIS LAW and how to present and negotiate the terms?
- What are the legal requirements for severance agreements for employees overthe age of 40?
Questions? Contact Tammy Nelson at (630) 377-1554 or by email
Stay up-to-date about developments in the Midwest.
Contact us at any of our five Midwest locations
The Midwest's Premier Labor and Employment Law Firm
Schedule your confidential consultation
Contact Wessels Sherman Joerg Liszka Laverty Seneczko P.C. if you would like to speak with one of our experienced labor and workplace attorneys, contact any of our five office locations and schedule a consultation.