Protecting Employers Since 1985
Employers with any employees in Minnesota are reminded that Minnesota’s new minimum wage law provides for an increase in the minimum wage both this year and in subsequent years as follows:
- For large employers (those who annually conduct at least $500,000.00 gross sales or business)
- Effective August 1, 2014 $8.00/hour
- Effective August 1, 2015 $9.00/hour
- Effective August 1, 2016 $9.50/hour
- For small employers
- Effective August 1, 2014 $6.50/hour
- Effective August 1, 2015 $7.25/hour
- Effective August 1, 2016 $7.75/hour
- Beginning in 2018, the minimum wage for all employers is subject to further increases based on cost of living data.
Questions on details of distinguishing between large and small employer status for purposes of the new minimum wage, certain exemptions from these increases, or other help with employer wage and hour questions, contact the Minnesota office of Wessels Sherman, at (952) 746-1700.
Stay up-to-date about developments in the Midwest.
Contact us at any of our five Midwest locations
The Midwest's Premier Labor and Employment Law Firm
Schedule your confidential consultation
Contact Wessels Sherman Joerg Liszka Laverty Seneczko P.C. if you would like to speak with one of our experienced labor and workplace attorneys, contact any of our five office locations and schedule a consultation.