Protecting Employers Since 1985
TAMMY J. NELSON started assisting at our law firm when she was senior at St. Charles High School. She was one of Dick Wessels’ first hires when the firm opened in the mid-1980s. Since her start with our firm, Tammy has exemplified the service, honesty, dedication, and hard work for which the firm is known.
Tammy began her legal assistant training at Wessels Sherman while a student at Northern Illinois University. Upon graduation, she continued with Wessels Sherman on a full-time basis.
Tammy ha extensive experience providing a wide range of support for our attorneys and clients. She assists with all aspects of the firm’s management-side labor and employment law practice,including assisting in the representation of employers before various federal and state courts and agencies, the Illinois Department of Employment Security, the Internal Revenue Service,the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Illinois Department of Human Rights and the Illinois Department of Labor.
Particularly sensitive to the unique needs of each case and client, Tammy has a genuine respect for clients. Her welcoming attitude makes clients feel comfortable. Clients have commented to Tammy that they know she is busy but she makes them feel like their call is the one she was waiting for.
Stay up-to-date about developments in the Midwest.
Northern Illinois University
- Bachelor of Arts Business;Emphasis in Human Resource Management-1991 Honors: summa cum laude
- Tammy received University Honors for her outstanding participation in the University’s Honors Program and was a recipient of four academic scholarships.
- Preparation and coordination of legal documents (such as independent contractor agreements, employment agreements and employee handbooks). Legal research.
- Coordinating the scheduling of conferences and administrative hearings.
- Assisting in the preparation of seminar materials, articles, and newsletters.
Contact us at any of our five Midwest locations
The Midwest's Premier Labor and Employment Law Firm
Schedule your confidential consultation
Contact Wessels Sherman Joerg Liszka Laverty Seneczko P.C. if you would like to speak with one of our experienced labor and workplace attorneys, contact any of our five office locations and schedule a consultation.